The Mighty Ten Gauge, 6th ed.
The only informational loading guide of its kind on the planet. This is one the Curmudgeon's original BPI manuals, now in its 6th edition. This is one of our classic old-school manuals. The data is more limited and concise, but hand-selected by the Curmudgeon and our ballistic staff and the loads include their commnets and recommendations. The Mighty Ten Gauge consists of pure 10 gauge information and loading data. Big bore enthusiasts will find the data and information that they need in five separate sections:
1. The Mighty 10 Gauge, History and Development: This section describes the history and development of the 10 gauge, its place in history and in the field today. You might be surprised to know that the ten gauge was known mostly for versatility and as an excellent upland gun in the early 20th century. Perception of the 10 gauge has a lot to do with its evolution.
2. Catalog of 10 Gauge Shotguns The relevant brands and types; our first-hand impressions of them. Over the years we have had the opportunity to sample just about every brand and type of 10 gauge shotgun manufactured over the years. Some are undiscovered gems. Some should be buried.
3. 10 Gauge Shotshells and Components: What they are, how they are made and how they work in a shotshell. To meet specific objectives that the guns are built for, 10 gauge ammunition is assembled using criteria completely different than any other gauge. This section will help you get the most out of your 10 gauge.
4. 10 Gauge Component Guide: This section is an overview and description of all the different components used for making 10 gauge ammunition.
5. 10 Gauge Loading Guide and Data: 110 loads Exclusively 10 gauge load recipe/data section; all loads laboratory tested and field proven. Data for lead, steel, Bismuth No-Tox and Hevi-Shot using the BPD10, BPD10-TUFF, Multi-Metal, and TPS wads. More in-depth load data for 10ga can be found in The Status of Steel.What others are saying about The Mighty Ten Gauge:
"You will be pleased to know that the information gleaned from the Status of Steel and the Mighty Ten Gauge has been a catalyst in changing the waterfowl permit to include the 10 gauge for all species and the allowance of steel shot larger than #BB. BPI's wealth of information has been an edifying experience, to say the least, and is now having an impact in Down Under."
~Tim Lloyd, Queensland, Australia
"Many thanks for your publications. The Mighty Ten Gauge is superb."
~B.C.J., Dyfed, Wales, UK.