Fiocchi 12ga 2-3/4" new/primed 16mm brass
clear unskived tube (100/bag)
- Color: Clear, translucent
- Top Edge: Unskived
- Depth: 2.440"
- Length: 2.741"
- Brass: 0.630" (16mm)
- Primer: Fiocchi-616 (209 primer)
- Headstamp: (generic) "12 (w/stars)"
- Wall Thickness: 0.029"
- Made in Italy
Note: These are unskived hulls, which means that the top of the hull is not tapered. This style of hull is preferable for roll crimping.
New & primed Fiocchi 12ga 2.75" hulls with 16mm brass are a great value. The hull is the most important part of your load; don't compromise your performance with old, weak hulls. That's why we recommend starting with new/primed hulls. New hulls will always give you more loadings and because they are primed you save on your primer costs too. Remember, there is no Hazmat charge on primed hulls when shipped via ground in the continental U.S.
Fiocchi hulls feature strong straight-wall extruded tube and deep plastic disk basewad allows for versatile load designs for clays and field loads. Primed with the Fiocchi's reliable and consistent 616 primer. See load data in Advantages manual, including lead, steel, Hevi-Shot, ITX non-toxic shot loads, and even slug loads. These unskived hulls roll crimp especially well.
|Comparison Chart: 12ga 2-3/4" Primed hulls|
||IBW (internal plastic)
SAVE MORE: Click here to buy in case quantity of 2,000
BPI Hull Vise and Roll Crimpers; a perfect match.
Roll crimpers can be used with a hand drill or a drill press.
The Easy Art of Roll Crimping:
- Start with any uncrimped paper or plastic hull. New, uncrimped hulls are available in almost every type and length. Once-fired hulls can be cut down 1/4" and then roll crimped. For example, a 3" hull can be cut down to 2-3/4" in length and then roll crimped. Our Trim Doctor tool was designed for this procedure.
- Prior to crimping, load the shell as you would any other shotshell load. We recommend using a Wooden Reloading Block during this process to keep loads organized and avoid spillage.
- After dropping the shot and before crimping, place either an Overshot Card or Clear Overshot Disk on top of the pellets.
- Secure the hull. Though it does not take much force to hold the shell, this procedure is made easy with the use of a Hull Vise.
- Place the roll crimper on top of the hull. Our roll crimpers are designed to best work in a clockwise rotation. Start spinning the drill and apply very light pressure. When the edge becomes pliable through a combination of heat and pressure, roll the lip down until it makes contact with the overshot card wad.
Curing: Your roll crimper will begin to cure as you use it more and more. Roll crimping will become faster and easier as your tool gains experience.
- Check progress as you go along.
VIDEOS (please be patient while video is loading):
Click here to view a SHOTSHELL roll crimping demonstration
Click here to view a SLUG roll crimping demonstration
Cartridge manufacturer's tip: Many cartridge manufacturing companies use our roll crimper and some of these clients have told us that they like to put just a single drop of household oil (e.g., 3-in-1 Oil) on the surface of the roll crimper for every few hundred rounds.